As someone who started their career in Business Intelligence, reporting is life.
Dashboards and visualizations are key to understanding how your team is doing.
By using a scatter plot with the cycle or lead times, we can see:
- How long a feature will take on average to be delivered, and what is the confidence interval you can use.
- Team performance/ticket complexity over time.
- Clusters of tickets, by ticket type or priority.
- How long does it take for your bugs to be repaired?
Bugs Over Time
Nothing is simpler than a single number, but it also can provide a lot of information.
- How many bugs are you getting?
- Are they bleeding over to the next iteration?
- Do you have more or less bugs than less iteration?
Add this information to the scatter plot and you have a really good overview of the stability of your system. Also how easy bugs are to fix in your system
Simple reports provide a lot of information without being overwhelming.You can quickly inspect and adapt your approach to provide the best value you can to your stakeholders.